Another 2 Bargue drawings
I've done so many of these! 4 months at 2 hrs + a day! It seems to be beneficial - but maybe not in the way I imagined! Things I feel I've learned (for me):
1) Dedication, motivation, discipline (these drawings take time and I need to take breaks)
2) Draw standing up and on a vertical drawing board
3) Strive for perfection, lines can be (and should be) erased, even if it's only to improve their quality
4) Observe: draw what you see, not what you think you know
5) The proportions must be pretty accurate. It's essential for a credible result.
6) There will be moments where it seems it's not going to work. If I do my best, it's not usually a total failure